Buck's B-Roll

My comments on technology, culture, the demise of common sense, and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

I'm a professional pilot, videographer, writer and entrepreneur. I'm also a fan of technology used for good, not evil. I think uplifting music, photography, and video just might be able to save the world.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Common Errors in English

If you're like me and you think the word "beaurocracy" is a bear to spell correctly (it's spelled "bureaucracy," by the way), you'll be pleased to learn that there's a website that can help you.

It's the Common Errors in English site, created by Paul Brians of Washington State University. Check it out the next time you can't decide whether to move "forward" or "forwards."

Be sure to visit the Non-Errors section, so you can thumb your nose at anyone who's given you grief for ending a sentence with a preposition -- and many other supposed infractions which actually aren't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home