Buck's B-Roll

My comments on technology, culture, the demise of common sense, and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

I'm a professional pilot, videographer, writer and entrepreneur. I'm also a fan of technology used for good, not evil. I think uplifting music, photography, and video just might be able to save the world.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Transposed Loyalties?

While standing in line at the local WalMart this evening, I hapened to notice a poster published by the Phillip Morris Company. It said, "Selling cigarettes to minors: It's not worth it." Below this was the slogan, "It's not just wrong, it's illegal."

Pardon me for being somewhat of a cynic on this matter, but I'm disgusted that the slogan was written that way. Shouldn't it read "It's not just illegal, it's wrong"? Isn't one's moral compass supposed to derive from a much deeper level than a law -- a law written by man and administered by an organized society? Aren't we supposed to think of the effects our actions will have on our soul, rather than how much trouble we're going to get into from the Man for doing the wrong thing? Am I just being grumpy and overly-moral here? Somebody slap me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home